Steffan @ Cannes



Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sweet Adieu from the International Advertising Festival at Cannes!




Well, friends, they’ve wrapped the ceremony celebrating outdoor advertising in all its glory. Diesel and its “Be Stupid” campaign was the big winner, along with an ambient piece for a beer I never heard of. We’ve moved through press as well, awarding the Grand Prix to a Lat Am campaign for Billboard Magazine, which, incidentally, would have made extraordinary out-of-home.

I’m going to leave you with a few of my favorite pieces from the show (posted above), though I do not have the supporting credits for them. Ah, well, good outdoor should speak for itself, no?

Keeping this blog has been a privilege for me, as was hosting your 2010 OBIE Awards in Phoenix Arizona. I hope you appreciated my efforts here as much as I did! OOH has a special place in my advertising heart.

I deeply enjoy my commitments to the OAAA. Moving forward, I invite you all to visit my “home” blog, the Gods of Advertising, where I post several times a week about creativity, marketing, and other decidedly more heady issues! Or follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Steffan1

No comments:

Post a Comment